Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My First Post!!


Okay everyone, so I am a new blogger and I am so excited to get it all started! I have a very good feeling I will be addicted within a few short days...


I am engaged!
(Okay, I have been engaged for quite some time now, but I thought I would share the proposal story and go from there...)

My entire family took a little winter vacation to Callaway Gardens the week before Christmas 2008 to see all the wonderful lights. The night we decided to ride through and see the lights soon become one of the most exciting nights of my life! Before going through, we decided to walk around and shop through a huge tent filled with all sorts of Christmas decorations. As we walked around, we came right to the center of the entire tent...We found a bench decorated with lights all around it and it just looked like a "perfect" picture spot (for me) and the "perfect" proposal spot(for Adam.) Me, having no idea, allows every other couple in the family to go one by one to sit and take a picture on this beautiful bench. My sisters (Brooke and Shelby) were the first ones to go, then my brother and sister-in-law (Meredith and Brandon) were next. Everyone tells me and Adam to go for our turn. I sit down first and look to him waiting for him to sit down. Adam loves to pick on me, he loves to make you laugh, and he is always trying to ruin my pictures :) Well I tell him to sit down, assuming he is just trying to make me laugh and then he goes down to one knee! As soon as I realized what was happening I busted out crying! People surrounded around us all watching one of the most special moments of my life! Of course I said YES! and flaunted my ring the rest of the night!
[December 20, 2008]


3 comments:

  1. Ohhh yay! I'm SUPER excited that you've joined the blogging world! I'm s0o00o, crazy addicted! I love it, WHen you are ready, I will do a post for you and Meredith to introduce all my other bloggers to you. LOVE your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASH! I'm super stoked that both you & Meredith have decided to join the blogging world! Like Jess said, it is realllllyyyy addicting! There are so many great people and inspirational stories that you will find. ♥ YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm excited for you! Married life is awesome! Thanks for the comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete